Sunday, February 7, 2010

I heard it through the grapevine that baldness it hereditary through your mom's side. Is that true?

No other details... Thats pretty much it.I heard it through the grapevine that baldness it hereditary through your mom's side. Is that true?
Baldness is dominant in men. That means if you receive a baldness gene from either of your parents, you will be bald. If you receive one from both of your parents you will be bald very young. For women it's different, it takes two genes to make a woman bald, but because of their hormones, they never go completely bald. Their hair just goes thinner.I heard it through the grapevine that baldness it hereditary through your mom's side. Is that true?
yes....my father died with a full head of hair.....but my brother is going bald...my mothers' father was bald when he died....
Yes it is.
Male pattern baldness (the official name) is an X-linked trait. It is true that it is hereditary from your mom's side because you received your X chromosome from her.


Look at your maternal grandfather...that can give you a clue as to what you might expect.
It can, but it can also come from your Dad's side, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment