Friday, February 12, 2010

My mom thinks because I got one C+, I can't go to college. Is this true?

The C+ was in Geometry, and it was a quarter grade. What do you think?My mom thinks because I got one C+, I can't go to college. Is this true?
Your mother is disappointed, but I wish she could focus more on the positive! Maybe she's trying to motivate you to do better, but I think she's going about it the wrong way.





This won't keep you from getting accepted by colleges.My mom thinks because I got one C+, I can't go to college. Is this true?
I think your mother is just trying to scare you into working harder. You can get straight C's and still get into college, don't worry about it hun.
Depends what college you want to go to. I had tons of C's on my report card but I graduated with honors and a 3.8 GPA. I got accepted to all the school I applied to so I don't think one C matters that much. Now if it was D's that would be a different matter.
It doesn't make any difference. I got 3 C's in my junior year (in English and Philosophy) and I got accepted to all the colleges I applied to. You won't be able to go to Ivy League colleges, but you still have more than enough options available to you for college.





Colleges only see your SEMESTER grade and FINAL grade for the course. So it won't matter too much, but just don't make a huge habit of making C's (too many tend to be deal-breakers for colleges and they lower your GPA).





Trust me, 1 C+ isn't enough to worry about.
Lol take it from this College grad, it is of little worry. Not that you should slack off from here on out, but don't feel doomed.
No, definitely not. You may hurt your grade point average a little but as long as you have good recommendation letters and the rest of your grades are ok, everyone is allowed a C+ once in awhile.
You'll be fine. Students with lots of F's get into college.
no it is not true because i got a C+ and i am in college right now. besides it gives you more education so you can get a better job when you are done with college
No, one C is not enough to blow your chances of going to a good college, especially if you work hard and bring your grades back up next quarter. Good luck, and try not to let your mom stress you out too much: she wants the best for you, even if she's not going about encouraging you in the best way.
That's not true. I failed pre-a;gebra in middle school and now I'm in my junior year in high school with 3 AP classes, 1 honors, and straight b's and a's. I'm basically gauranteed a spot in UCLA. Colleges usually look at your GPA at the time you sent your application and your SAT score. They do NOT look at your transcripts of Progress Reports. Only Report cards, and usually, again, for the GPA. And it's a damn C+. Not a C but a C+, you can still raise that with some effort. She's just trying to scare you into working harder. Just try pushing up that C to a low B and don't worry so much right now. To get into a good college just do extra curricular activities, on and off campus, get a good GPA and maube honors things if you can. Oh and a good SAT score.
You can go to college! It's not the end of the world. Just keep trying! :)
She just want you to study harder. There are alot colleges who will accept a C+...Because they teach this subject in ';IT'; courses....lol
What grade are you in? There are a lot of college courses, and they let just about anybody in these days, you don't have to worry. Especially over one poor grade in your lifetime.
If you had to, you could always go to a community college and show that you can do college-level work (by getting excellent grades), and then transfer to a 4-year school. You probably won't have to--although it's also cheaper that way.
That's definitely not true. I got a 66 in geometry last term. Trust me I was disappointed, but one grade for one term isn't going to ruin your odds of getting into a good college.

No comments:

Post a Comment