Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true I'm doing bad in school because my mom spanked me when I was younger?

You're doing bad in school, because you're lazy. Plain and simple. Sounds like she shouldn't have stopped spanking you.Is it true I'm doing bad in school because my mom spanked me when I was younger?
While it is true that spanking can lower your potential to learn. It is not a significant enough drop to impact your schooling. If you are having issues with conflict solving and/or slightly more aggressive then some of your peers. Having a bit of an issue with focus and/or planing things out in detail. That could all be a result of spanking. All of the above and more have been found to have links to the areas of the brain that are affected by spanking. Combining all of the above could lead itself in people with certain dispositions to preform poorly in school. So to answer your question, most likely. Spanking didn't affect your school work. But, there is always the possibility that it did.Is it true I'm doing bad in school because my mom spanked me when I was younger?
Haha this makes me smile because there was a study that shows that children who are spanked often have an IQ point 2-4 points lower than children who were not spanked. the reason for this though is NOT because they are spanking you stupid. it would be a cause of parent's with a lower IQ may not have the education/knowledge to find alternitive forms of effective discipline, and instead spank their children. It's because they in general have lower IQ's and spanking isn't the cause just the result
nope. i got spanked once or twice when i was younger and i had great grades. i'm so sick of people saying studies show that spankings do this. bull ****!! that's all people did was spank back in the day and society was much better than it is now and then parents stopped spanking because of all the studies and look how bad crime is, drug use, violence....etc. if only more parents would spank maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it is today.
I highly doubt that. My parents spanked me when I was a kid and I am still a straight A student, so is my little brother. If your doing bad in school it's because either 1) your not studying correctly or 2) you just weren't born with the capability to do well in school.
It won't really affect your school work but as you can see from half of these answers it will turn you into a nonsensical primate, who thinks hitting children is the answer to everything. Seriously, hitting improves school work. Humans get dumber as we go along.
There are studies that support your claim, however I also believe that you are in control of your own self and if it were important you'd do better in school.
No. I was spanked as a child and graduated near the top of my class, with honors and a full ride scholarship.





If your grades are bad then you need to step up. And maybe you need a spanking.
No you are doing bad in school because she stopped spanking you. I'll bet if your dear mom got a paddle and started using it your grades would improve tremendously.
No. Apply yourself and you can excel in school. Take responsibility for yourself and don't blame others. That path goes nowhere.
That's just nonsense and an excuse to justify your laziness and not paying attention in school. It sounds like your mom became too lenient with you.
No, and looks like you need to get some more of it too. You will probably be getting better grades if you get it a few more times.
No. If you are doing poorly in school it is because you are not doing your school work and not studying.
i dont think thats the reason at all, try harder, study, pay attention in school AND DONT HIT UR KIDS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!鈥?ITS CRUEL
don't blame your mom because you r doing bad in school my mother spanked me and i did well in school. I spank my son he is doing well
Lol, thats the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. Anti-spank people are taking things to a rediculous level.
Don't blame your mom if you don't do well in school. I was spanked when I was younger and I make a's and b's.
Don't blame your mom if you don't do well in school. I was spanked when I was younger and I make a's and b's.
No, all my kids were/are spanked, and the ones in school all do very well.


Step it up, darlin'
Time to accept responsibility - your grades are no one elses fault but your own. T=
I dont believe so.
NO !!
nope.


i did great in school and i was living with worse than spankings
DONT SPANK YOUR CHILDREN. THATS TERRIBLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment