Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that mom's family is not my (extended) family?

my moms always told us (siblings) that her side of the family is not OUR family and we belong to the dad's side of the family coz blood line is passed down from fathers. she never considers us (dad n kids) her family and for the past 41 yrs (of marriage), she only calls her parents, siblings, cousins and their offsprings her family.





i admit that my dad's family is full of losers, uneducated, uncivilized men and women and my moms family is more civilized, successful and intelligent. my mom keeps bragging about her family and keeps telling me that i'm just like my dad and his family. i feel really bad when she discriminates between us siblings. she has 2 favorite kids and she keeps comparing me to my elder sister (who is a lawyer and i am well nothing) and one of my brothers to my eldest brother (who is a doctor)





she claims that the 2 intelligent, successful siblings of mine are just like her (and her family) and me and my other brother are just like our dad's family. we are (in fact) more like our dad and his family but does she have to rub it in all the time. i've heard it atleast a thousand time since childhood and now i'm sick and tired of being discriminated against. i know i sound like a 10 year old but i'm actually 30 and married. its just that i've always desperately seeked my mother's approval and never got it my whole life. i feel like i have a hole in my soul that can never be filled or mended now. what should i do?Is it true that mom's family is not my (extended) family?
ur mother's family is urs as much as ur father's is


i know u love her and want her approval but if she is going to be that way 2 u i think u should stop trying to satisfy her and move on


do what u like i'm sure she'll come around sometime and realize ur valueIs it true that mom's family is not my (extended) family?
Your mom's family is your extended family just as much as your dad's family.
WTF? Well no your mothers family is your family too. That's just ridiculous.
Your mother is wrong about all of this. The blood comes from both parents.
both of your parents family are your family too





thats not right


but i guess its your moms opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment