Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Once I dated a Jewish guy who told me that his family (mom especially) will never accept me, was that true?

This was when I was in the Guard. I remember he asked me out. I don't know why he told me that. So are Jew picky about who they date? What about interracial? Is it rare for a Jew to date a Christian, what about a Muslim?Once I dated a Jewish guy who told me that his family (mom especially) will never accept me, was that true?
In orthodox Judaism Jews stick to dating jews due to an explicit commande from G-d in the Torah:


Devarim (Deuteronomy) Chapter 7 v3: You shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughter to his son, and you shall not take his daughter for your son.





So Jews who follow the Torah, do not date or marry non-Jews. Inter-racial is NOT an issue as long as the person is Jewish.





So, in Orthodox Judaism it is very rare for Jews to date non-Jews, regardless of their religion. In the liberal movements such as Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist- intermarriage rates run from just below 50% to over 60%. So, in those movements which generally do not strictly observe the Torah and Jewish law, dating non-Jews is relatively common.Once I dated a Jewish guy who told me that his family (mom especially) will never accept me, was that true?
Depends--if they're good people (tolerant) they will accept you no matter what religion you practice. If they're bad people (BIGOTS) then you don't want to go anywhere near that family anyway. Date the guy if he accepts you, but his family isn't your problem.





I don't know enough Jewish people well to tell you if it is common for them to be bigots.
I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.


Joseph Smith, Jr.





If I had not actually got into this work and been called of God, I would back out. But I cannot back out: I have no doubt of the truth.


Joseph Smith, Jr.





If I revealed all that has been made known to me, scarcely a man on this stand would stay with me.'; and ';Brethren, if I were to tell you all I know of the kingdom of God, I do know that you would rise up and kill me.


Joseph Smith, Jr.





If my life is of no value to my friends it is of none to myself.


Joseph Smith, Jr.
Well generally absolutely. If you're not jewish then you're not accepted. Now this is especially true for dating non jewish women. Because if the mom's not jewish, then the kid's aren't. So if you're not jewish. You're not accepted
No. Jews differ from person to person and from how much they are in the religion. As for myself and my brothers, we're all dating Christians (my oldest brother married and his wife converted).
It depends on the specific family in question.
Depending on how religious they are, Jews are only suppose to marry Jews.
the jewish line comes down through the mother.


his mother was worried she would never have grandchildren that could be accepted by family and friends
Depends on the family.
Well, I don't think he would lie.
Some, not all. Like every religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment