Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My mom told me that a long time ago they used to have something called ';title matches'; on TV, is it true?

What was it like back then to be able to watch wrestling that means something without having to pay money or deal with a bootleg stream that goes out on you?My mom told me that a long time ago they used to have something called ';title matches'; on TV, is it true?
HUH?My mom told me that a long time ago they used to have something called ';title matches'; on TV, is it true?
ya thats true
WCW had a television title. It was defended on almost every show. It was great during the Monday Night WArs (RAW vs Nitro) which was a few years ago. The world title was defended every week in a blockbuster match.
it was alsome
Yup sure did. Back in the '80's before wrestling was even on cable, it was on network TV. On Saturday nights, around midnight, is when it was on, and they had title matches, and yes the title would change hands. This was in the days of Hogan, Andre the Giant, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage, Million Dollar Man, and many others. It was awesome. Man I miss those days. In my opinion it was the hey day of the WWF.
Yes they did, and it was great.
It was wonderful. I remember going to see RAW is WAR in Worcester at the Centrum Center the day after Christmas in 1999. I got to see Mick ';Mankind'; Foley win the WWF Championship, for the very first time. The place exploded.
Yes,They still have that to this day on WWE Smackdown and it also depends on a couple of things although I can't tell you what they are because I only watch wrestling on tv and stuff like that but if they are having some major title match then they might put it directly on Pay Per View and have you pay to see the event, it depends but they had those types of events on tv and still do, they were great, I know that the last event that I saw on pay per view was the match between one of the big wrestlers VS.Hulk Hogan and it was great all though I could not see the picture but I was able to hear that Hulk Hogan won the match!!!! awsome.
Preach it man. You don't see the good old ole one on one. No stipulations. Now its a tag event. Thanks for saying it

No comments:

Post a Comment