Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My right foot is seriously cracked and my mom says that's a sympton of Diabetes. is this true?

My mom and my sister are both Diabetic and my mom (who is a hypochondriac by the way) says that she thinks that I have Diabetes because of my cracked heel. Is she right?My right foot is seriously cracked and my mom says that's a sympton of Diabetes. is this true?
Although this can happen when you are diabetic, it's not one of the major symptoms to look for to suspect you are diabetic. If your mom %26amp; sister are diabetic, therer is a chance you will be diabetic especially if you are over weight. Diabetes is genetic but it doesn't mean you can't fight back to prevent it.


Diabetes is also known as the silent killer, it destroy's your vision [retniopathy] your kidney's which would require urinalysis, nerve damage called neuoropathy, stroke %26amp; heart attack.


What you need to look for is sudden weight loss or gain, frequent thirst,feeling tired, blurry vision %26amp; feeling hungry more than usual.. Your skin can become very dry but the crackes in the heels could be from walking barefoot or certain type of shoes.


It would be better to check for diabetes since it runs in your family than to let it go %26amp; find out later you are diabetic %26amp; your heel doesn't heal properly. There is a strong chance you could lose your foot, better safe than sorry.. Your mom should have a machine to check your blood sugar a few times, if it show it is high, go to a doctor asap.My right foot is seriously cracked and my mom says that's a sympton of Diabetes. is this true?
Sometimes a cracked foot (skin that is) is just that. Only a doctor can tell you if you're diabetic, if you're concerned about it have them run the tests. Family are always experts on everything so take what they say with a grain of salt.
it etes can inherited. Because your mom and sister have it, you are at risk. If you think you MAY have .ask your doctor to have you tested. It''s a simple blood test, and your doctor will have the results in a day or two. And show him your foot!
NO! I also have diabetes... have for almost 20 yrs! I don't have cracked feet -- cracked feet comes from not taking care of your feet properly - diabetic or not. You just have to wash them regularly and use foot cream on them... if mine's ever really bad, I use a pumice stone on my feet to rub away the dead skin thats accumulated in layers when I get out of the shower before I go to bed- then use the foot cream, and wear socks to keep the cream on my feet all night long. Wake up and wash my feet again. ( unless you wear socks all the time, I like to wear sandals and greasy feet and sandals don't mix) It usually takes a couple times and my feet are back to normal... then just do it like, once a month.
Well your mom said that its due to diabetes... What did your doctor say or havent you gone to one..
symptoms of diabetic are increased thirst and urination ,fatigue, blurred vision, slow-healing wound.





The American Diabetes Association recommends either the fasting glucose or the OGTT to diagnose diabetes but says that testing should be done twice, at different times, in order to confirm a diagnosis of diabetes.
I would say more a side effect not a sympton. With a family history I would get checked but not beacause of a dry foot.
no that doesnt mean you have diabetes. but it is common with diabetics. with your sister and mom has diabetes there is a chance you and get it so regular checks . someone that has numourous family member that is deibetic
Have you had your sugar levels tested??? That would give you your answer! Keep your feet safe when diabetes is a factor. Get that crack healed up. Just in case.
Reasons to be checked for diabetes include increases in eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom. Unexplained weight loss, blurred vision, or digestion problems may also be involved. The only time I would check for diabetes is if a person had athletes foot causing cracked skin that did not respond to treatment because high blood sugars can impair your immune system.





Diabetics are prone to cracks of fissures in the skin on their feet, but having cracks or fissures doesn't mean a person is diabetic.
If you mean the SKIN is rough and cracked, then your mom IS cracked!! My skin is rough and cracked all the time. I like to walk around barefoot, and then I have to pay for it by putting a bunch of cream on them and wearing socks for 2 days. Then it clears up, and we start all over again. I live in Las Vegas and it's really dry, and I take a med that causes dry everything.(Almost)
consult w / m.d


bcuz it could be related 2 da disease.


good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment