Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is what Sotomayor said that Women are more compassionate than Men true, was it true of your own Mom and Dad?

For the most part. Women are nurturers. They aren't competitive like men and aren't notorious for cutting the floor out from people that can't fend for themselves like men are.Is what Sotomayor said that Women are more compassionate than Men true, was it true of your own Mom and Dad?
I think it is true, generally speaking. Obviously not in all cases. Women do consistently score higher on measures of empathy than men, on personality tests. Even in terms of brain chemistry... that part of the brain lights up more on spect tests for women than men. But again, that doesn't mean all women are more compassionate than all men. Just they are more on average.





And yeah, I'd definitely say my mother is more compassionate than my father.Is what Sotomayor said that Women are more compassionate than Men true, was it true of your own Mom and Dad?
I hope you are not making excuses for judges who legislate instead of follow the law. Many men and women leave their emotions at the door where it belongs.





Looking back, my dad was more compassionate, kept a firm grasp on discipline and forced us to tow the line with chores and other responsibilities, whereas Mom was more lenient and would've allowed me too many breaks.
I dont think so. I know many Indian male missionaries whose compassion to the blind, aged, and handicapped is noteworthy.My mother and father were very compassionate.They came from large families, and I am one of their 12 children.They were born during the depression. They both shared whatever they had.My mother and father nursed one daughter through cancer until she died at age 4, and the


sister right under her developed polio before the vaccine was available.I remember my father bringing medicine to sick children of people who were strangers to us at the time.They are both gone, but their lessons are not forgotten.To me compassion is love and service in action.
It is the job of a judge to leave their race and gender behind when they slide on the robes. This is where the saying ';justice is blind'; comes from.





By the way, both my mother and father are loving, caring, compassionate people, my father just hides his behind a bit of gruff.
If she had said that... I wouldnt have a problem with it. She said Hispanic and white. She said it, not me. If you really must know my mom was more compassionate but thats really not the point and not the reason you really asked this see-through question.
My dad was compassionate. But so was my mom. I am glad they guided the way they did because I was able to do more things that my other relatives wasn't able to do. So in my case Sotomayor was and is wrong.
Yes, generally women are more compassionate than men because they are the ones who normally nurture the children. It's built in while men have to work hard at it.





Practicing Shaman... quantum physics rocks.
Maybe she shouldn't have said those ';controversial'; statements, but I'm pretty sure they're true so it doesnt really bother me and i'm a white male.
Women are more compassionate, but only white women.





Before anybody get's mad she basically said the same thing.
Why would a generalization be necessarily try in a given instance? It wouldn't be...no matter who is supposed to have said it.
No it was not true. She's a racist and a sexist. She needs to reevaluate her job description.
That's just her opinion, not something to argue over.. But yes my mom is far more compassionate than my dad.
As long as you can tell one from the other. Some can't.
IMHO, i think it's true
no way women are total b****'s

No comments:

Post a Comment