Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it true moms made up the rule about not swimming after eating to give them a chance to clean up/recover?

I know this is a really dumb question, but my wife says she heard somewhere the moms back in the 50s or 60s or whenever just made up all that stuff about not swimming for 30 to 60 minutes after eating because you would get cramps and drown just because they wanted a chance to clean up and rest after dinner before going out to the pool to watch the kids. I didn't know moms had that kind of political power. Has anyone else heard this or is my wife trying to make me look stupid?Is it true moms made up the rule about not swimming after eating to give them a chance to clean up/recover?
I don't think I have ever heard that but I think it's a reasonable explaination of where that came from. They told us a lot of things back then that kids are to smart to buy into now days.Interesting thought! Have a good day.Is it true moms made up the rule about not swimming after eating to give them a chance to clean up/recover?
Well, I don't if that's why the rule became so popular to use or not, but it arose from something else. After you've eaten, your body needs energy to digest the food. If someone participates in any other energy-using activity, that hinders the body's ability to digest that food.
yup - totally untrue that you have to wait - mom's are genious ain't they?!
Probably... same about cracking your knuckles... it's just annoying, but it won't give you arthritis... crazy rumors!
I believe it.
NO that is very very true!
actually, swimming after eating can give you cramps, all the pressure in the water on the tummy isnt good, they can wait 10 minutes, but they say you can drown , its not true, i its just throw up in a pool is no fun.
Yes it is true it was said. The reasoning for it I dont know. But here is some other info along that line.
Ah, I think there is some sort of medical knowledge behind this warning. I think it has something to do with having too much activity with a full belly. I think it really can cause cramps. Just like you wouldn't go on a fast walk or job just after eating. I don't know from experience, because I always wait.
Your wife is trying to make you look stupid. Eating before any exercise gives you cramps, especially dangerous in a swimming pool!
  • pale skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment