Friday, February 12, 2010

My mom says bananas are fattening. Is this true?

Im on a diet, and I ate a banana night. My mom got mad at me and told me that bananas are fattening and if you eat one you should have half of it. My brother (a paramedic) said that鈥檚 the stupidest thing he ever heard. Who is correct and why?My mom says bananas are fattening. Is this true?
Bananas are a starchy fruit with natural sugars A medium banana has 24 grams of carbs %26amp; 14 grams of sugar. You'll triggered insulin (the fat storage hormone) at 9 grams of carbs an hour (anything less doesn't trigger carbs) If you broke it up into 3 pieces and ate the pieces once an hour (and no other carbs) you wouldn't trigger insulin (the fat storage hormone). That's a lot of carbs for a snack though, a cup of whole strawberries is only 8 carbs and wouldn't trigger insulin (the fat storage hormone).





If you were highly active and ate after exercise, it wouldn't matter much, because the carbs would go to empty glycogen stores and not fat stores.My mom says bananas are fattening. Is this true?
They have very little fat, but they're extremely high in calories for fruit (120-180 calories, depending on the size). Basically, they're not fattening (and very nutritious!), but you should limit yourself to one per day.
Your brother is right, and I'm going to agree that it's the stupidest thing I've heard, too. Ask your mom how in the hell one piece of f*cking fruit is fattening.
Brother, you get lots of potassium and vitamins from bananas, when people make protein shakes, etc.they put guess what? bananas..(:


Any fruit, or vegetable is good for you.
they make u constipated if u eat too many %26amp; i dont kno about fattening but they are very high in calories
ask your mother


if bananas are fattening,how come there are no fat monkeys?
  • pale skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment