Friday, February 12, 2010

How can i help my mom find true love?

So, this is bothering me a bit. My mom has been married 2 times. Her last marriage ended about 22 years ago.. Since then she has dated some real losers (2 men for over 10 years each) that never had any intentions of marrying her, which is something she really wants to do. She's 60, well educated, cute, fit, creative, has a good career, her own house, she's spiritual and well traveled. She goes on lots of dates through online date sites but never finds a good match for herself. Im married, have a family of my own and am very happy. I long so desperately for her to find the same happiness. I worry about her coming home to an empty house ever night and I know shes lonely. I have tried giving her dating advice, told her too keep an open mind..even gave her a make-over! What do I do? Or is this an impossible mission because most men in their 60's have usually been married and aren't looking for anything serious?How can i help my mom find true love?
Maggie,





I think your mum will be fine. She picks these men, not you. I'm sure she appreciates your advice, but only she can find the right one. The best advice is for her to keep traveling with a singles group, join some other organization where she will find men with similar interests to hers. This way, she can be sure that the person shares her passions. The dating services are nice, but it is a crap shoot as to what those men do for hobbies. She needs to find someone as educated and exciting as she is! That will not be easy! Thank goodness she has you to talk to, but I think she needs to try new avenues for meeting men....I know some at sixty that would LOVE to meet a woman like your mom, but they don't post themselves with a dating service. They do hike, travel, go to church, and take informal classes at the university though.....





Hope this helps! Good luck, but remember, it's your mom's choices that really count.How can i help my mom find true love?
first of all u cannot help your mom find love,that would be like me helping u find love.its nice u don't want your mom being alone and coming to a empty home.sorry to say your mom is at a age where it is very hard if not impossible to find someone to love.alot of ppl in there 60s are not looking for love,just friendship.have u talk to your mom,maybe shes not looking for a husband if u know what am saying,i wish u all the luck
I am in the same situation. I just believe the guy will come out of nowhere. Something that nobody expects. I think it's wonderful that you care so much for her to want to help. Just believe and something good will happen this year. It will be a guy like no other.
You do nothing. It's her business, her decisions. If she wants something, she'll ask for something.
simple, she needs to join a gym and you need to help around the house and point out weird crap she does.
you cant ';help ';herfind tru love thats all on her

No comments:

Post a Comment