Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it really (true fact)Can an X-prostitute/drug abuser ever become a good wife&mom,';serious replies only...?

While I don't plan on having kids, so the good mom thing is out, I was a drug addict for 8 years. I have been clean for 6 years and I am a great wife to my husband of 3 years.





Personally, I think it depends on the individual and it depends on whether they really have worked out the problems that led to them getting into that lifestyle in the first place. If they haven't fixed themselves at all, then I don't know that I would think they were in a good place to be in that kind of relationship.Is it really (true fact)Can an X-prostitute/drug abuser ever become a good wife%26amp;mom,';serious replies only...?
Seems like you're kinda going through what i'm going through, except with my dad. My parents got divorced cuz he was a drug addict, got remarried 11 years later, and now he is cheating on her. From my personal experience, sure people can change but they always have that old part inside of them. It all depends on who the person is. If you are suspecting that your wife or mom cannot change just keep a close eye on her. In the situation I am now I want to say no they can't change, but everyone is different.Is it really (true fact)Can an X-prostitute/drug abuser ever become a good wife%26amp;mom,';serious replies only...?
I guess anything is possible. It has been my experience that most drug abusers are never ex-drug abusers. I have not met one yet that has been able to stop doing drugs. I know people that continue to be drug abusers and prostitutes after they get married and have children. It is so sad. I am going to say that an ex-prostitute stands a better chance of being a good wife and mom than an ex-drug abuser. I stand by the old saying ';Can't turn a hoe into a house wife.';
Honey, people change. You can be one thing when you are 18 - 24 years old and be a completely different person when you are 40!!!


Experience, decisions, controlling your own life. People kick drug habits ALL THE TIME!!!!! Whoring is something you do wtih your body.





Didn't you hear about that women who was involved in some murders in the 60's and had been hiding out in Wisconsin or somewhere RAISING A FAMILY??!!!!!!
Anything is possible w/a little determination. I personally can not name one but that is because in our area, well, we don't really have prostitutes, just freebies.


However, I have known women who were quite ';free'; spirited in their youth that once they had given birth made a miraculous turn around, which I guess is quite similar to what you describe minus the exchange of cash. Once they gave birth, their child was their world.
I use to be addicted to cocaine and I hung out with prostitutes. I am now a great mom to my almost 2 year old son. I love taking care of him and teaching him things. My toddler can already read some words and knows how to count to 10. He has been healthy since day 1 and I will always make sure its stays that way because he comes first before anyone. I have too big of a conscience to use drugs while caring for him.
Only if she learns to value herself.. and if she does that then she no longer will identify with the past of her life..





If she uses that as a crutch - (that is who I am / was just deal with it) then NO... you can not value others if you have no self worth... and who would want to chance it with themselves or their kids except maybe another person with low personal value and no self worth...





you want that for you?
That depends on how bad she wants it. She needs to clean up her act and and change her life. She needs to lead this life for a period of time to make sure she doesn't fall back into the folds of the dark world. Anyone can be someone different if they try hard enough, and remember what the bad days where like so they never go back to it.
Those of us that are Christian are familiar with the story of Mary Magdalene.





This is one of many examples of lives turned around, and God's forgiveness to us.
Yes in deed....it has happened to several women that I've known growing up. They have to really want to change and believe in God and more importantly believe in themself.
Yes, but do not be naive about it.


Some addicts never change.





I imagine prostitution would be easy to give up, but maybe I would be surprised?
Yes. it is possible. And the converts are the ones who are serious about their new lives. So good luck.
Absolutely. Everyone can change.That ex prostitute/drug abuser is a child of god too.
Yes, it is possible but not very likely.
For awhile until she gets tired of being what she really isn't . May take a year may take 20 but eventually she will return to her life style
I believe everyone has the potential to change their ways and turn over a new leaf. Especially if they have asked God to help them.
I would like to think that everyone has the ability to change and live a deserving life.
I think it depends entirely on how much effort and desire that person has to want to change.
I guess nothing is impossible, but I would be too afraid for the children to find out.
I'm sure anyone can get well and turn their lives around. It certainly isn't impossible.
i am sure. people can always change if they really want to.
Yes people can change..... :-)
Yes
Yes people change, that's one of the great things about humanity... change, improvement and hope!!
yes, it happened to me

No comments:

Post a Comment