Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is what my mom says true?

My mom says if I go outside without a coat when it's cold (and/or snowing) I will have problems when I'm old.Is what my mom says true?
this is quite unlikely, however getting too cold can cause problems such as never getting older, losing bodyparts to frostbite or just getting a really nasty cold.


I personally am one of those people who go outside in a tshirt when the temperatures in single digits happily, but i would definitely draw the line at snowing, that is when your coat needs to be worn, as snow has the added disadvantage of melting and behaving much like sweat does, taking heat away form your body even faster.Is what my mom says true?
Never heard that one.


No, you might get a cold though.
No...unless you get arthritis that is possible from being in cold weather.....you WILL however get cold and get ill and she is worrying about you just humour her
Resiliency to cold is an individual thing. I used to not get to cold too easily and loved cold more than hot weather. Now I am old (by most yound people's standards) and like cold a little less but I do not suffer from anything residual from the days when I would not cover as well as I do now.





I think your mom just does not want you to get sick. Be more respectful of her and explain that you can take cold well. But, if you get sick, you will definitely let her know and will tell her she was right. Love you mother, the way she loves you.
never heard of that one, you might get sick though.

No comments:

Post a Comment