Friday, February 5, 2010

My mom has thinks she has plantar fascitis. Anyone out there who has tried and true alternative remedies?

She is in her 60s. Mildly active. Experiencing a lot of pain. Alternative therapies and cures are her first choice. Doctors are saying cortizone shots. There must be another way. Help!My mom has thinks she has plantar fascitis. Anyone out there who has tried and true alternative remedies?
actually there is an alternative therapy that doesnt require surgery. Orthotripsy. Sound wave aimed at the planter to break up the scar tissue causing her issue. She might also want to visit a podiatrist. They can tape the foot to get her some relief and try to settle the inflammation.My mom has thinks she has plantar fascitis. Anyone out there who has tried and true alternative remedies?
I have this condition. I was diagnosed last year. I take Voltaren for the inflammation, stay off my feet when I can (walking is okay, standing is bad), and wear gel insoles. I have been told by a friend who had surgery for his PF that SofSoles are good ones. I am using plain Dr. Scholl's for now and am fine. I do occasionally have throbbing. They sell SofSoles on EBay for a pretty decent price, but her doctor will have to prescribe the anti-inflammatory stuff. It helps me, particularly in the mornings when I first stand up. Tell her I wish her luck with it. Surgery is extremely painful and recovery is very long.
Plantar Fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition causing heel pain and in some people, heel spurs. It can also result in arch pain. Plantar Fasciitis is often caused by abnormal pronation of the foot and improper arch support. Contributing factors are weight gain, intense physical activity, jobs that require a lot of walking or standing on hard surfaces, or shoes with poor arch support.





Research has found that a combination of proper exercises and arch support by wearing orthotic insoles can provide effective relief for plantar fasciitis.





An explanation of the importance that proper arch support plays in controlling over-pronation, and some stretching exercises for relief are provided in the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment