Friday, February 5, 2010

I just got my hamster a hamster ball.BUt my mom said that putting the hamster in the ball tortures him.True?

I just dont want my hamster to be depressed or something just staying in the cage.At least he will be able to roam around the house in the ball,not just limited to his cage.I just got my hamster a hamster ball.BUt my mom said that putting the hamster in the ball tortures him.True?
Many hamsters really enjoy these balls but of course each one is an individual so yours *might* not. It's not torture though %26amp; definately worth a try.


We can tell our dwarf hamster *loves* hus exercise ball. If I hold it up to the bottom door of his cage he climbs right in %26amp; does the same thing if I put it next to him when he's out of the cage. He'll follow me around the kitchen %26amp; even try to chase the cats. On the other paw, when we put the ball on his Hamtrac he gets bored real quick b/c he knows he's just going in circles %26amp; can't choose his own path.I just got my hamster a hamster ball.BUt my mom said that putting the hamster in the ball tortures him.True?
Its Acually Good for hamsters to run in a ball cause it keeps them safe expecially if you have other pets. i have had hamster in the past right now i have sugar gliders and i even have them run in hamster balls so my cats cant get to them so its a safety thing

Report Abuse



They love it! At first it just sits there and moves slow because they dont know how to use it. They move around slow at first because they are just kinda nervous and they dont know how to use it. So put him/her in it for a little bit. For the first few times they will just sit there and pee/poo everywhere but after a while they will love it. Your mom says its torture because she thinks that if it crawls up to somthing it wants to smell it touch it...etc. but itll love the ball soon enough! :)
my hammie loves her ball, so no that does not torture them. they need space to roam around and explore the house and in fact they love it!!!!!!!!!!;)


you can keep them in their ball for up to about an hour and a half but keep track of him or he could get lost and block all linolium with a towel or a broomshtick (i spelt that wrong on purpose but who cares!!) or he could get stuck. but my point is that they love being in their ball. (just remember to clean it!)
She doesnt know what she's talking about. They love being in their ball it is one of the only ways to freedom. Trust me, i have one too he loves it. And if ur mom still fells that way then get a leash and walk him outside thats what im trying to do.
My hamsters love their balls however all hamsters are different try putting him in it and see if he starts to roll in it if he does he likes it and if he doesn't then he doesn't like it. Just don't leave him in their for more than 20 min.
It really depends on the hamster I think. Some hamsters like them, some don't. I know I don't like hamster balls. I much rather have one on one time with my hamster (if I had one) then having it run around in a plastic ball.
no they love it there known for it your mom is probably thinking of rats- hamster balls torchure rats b/c they have bad eye sight- but hamster love it just make sure he doesn't go down stairs that would hurt- OUCH!
A hamster ball does not torture the hamster. As long as it is well ventilated and it doesn't fall of the stairs, the hasmter will love it!
I bought a hamster ball and both of my hamsters absolutely loved it! That way they could explore the house without escaping under doors and stuff or getting hurt by the dog.
let it smell it and observe it first


maybe even let it try getting in buy its self
my hamster LOVES the ball, he will jump right in if i put it into his cage

No comments:

Post a Comment